Responde a las preguntas siguientes. Si estás con tu profe respóndelas en voz alta y si no escríbelas abajo para que tu profe te las corrija y podáis hacer el speaking con más fluidez.
Escucha el audio y responde a las preguntas.
- Which character is introduced first, the wife or the husband?
- What is he or she doing at the beginning? Why?
- What is he or she doing at the end? Why?
Discuss these questions:
- Do you give gifts to friends and family at Christmas? If not, on what occasions do you give gifts?
- What kind of gifts do you buy? Do you find it difficult to choose gifts? Why? Why not?
- Can you remember any gifts that you were particularly happy to receive?
- Can you think of any gifts that you didn’t want? Why didn’t you want them?
- Do you prefer to give gifts or to receive them? Why?
Listen to the whole instalment and answer these questions:
- What is Della’s husband called?
- What is his most prized possession?
- And Della’s?
- How does she get the money to buy a present for her husband?
- What does she buy?
- How much does she pay for it?